Denver is leading the way for the nation in striving to become the “greenest” city in the country. Greenprint, CORE, Alliance for Sustainable Colorado and many more sustainability groups have played a vital role in Denver being named recently as 5th Greenest City Overall by Siemens.
Each of these organizations offer a wealth of resources to support small and medium sized businesses in the Denver/ Boulder area including:
Certifiably Green Denver: An Environmental Business Assistance Program with Greenprint that assists Denver businesses in identify opportunities to reduce waste, energy, air pollution and water.
CORE Catalyst: A program sponsored by CORE that matches talented graduate students from our leading Colorado Universities to do sustainability assessment and recommendation plans.
Sustainability Calendar: Managed by the Alliance for Sustainable Colorado, this calendar keeps track of all the Colorado sustainability events and activities.
Here are also some other ideas and initiatives to investigate in becoming a green business:
- The Denver Energy Challenge will encourage energy efficiency investment in our state and help advance our energy independence through large scale upgrades. They hope to have 1,200 businesses participating by May 2013.
- A carbon calculator is a great way to find out how you can help lower the release of carbon dioxide into our air. This tool will help you find ways that your business can save energy and money.
- They challenge you to join the Energy Star® Change a Light Pledge by changing at least one regular light bulb to a compact fluorescent bulb.
- You can also find links to LEED®-certified builders or Energy Star® builders who can help you with your design plans for your business or with additions to existing structures.
- Of course, one of the simplest ways to make a real change with very little investment is to plant a tree!
At Officiency our mission is to support organizations and consumers in developing and implementing eco-friendly initiatives to reduce environmental impact, resource consumption and waste while maximizing efficiency within business and home environments. We hope and strive to have Denver become the number one greenest city in North America!
Contact us and we can help you take small steps that will make a big impact.