Many offices are encouraging their employees to carpool or take public transportation to work. Public transportation or carpooling may work well to get to the office, but can be a hindrance when trying to get to outside meetings during the day. Consider joining a carshare that will alleviate the need to have a company car but support alternative transportation programs within your company. Most carshare programs have online or phone reservation systems. Cars are usually parked in convenient areas around urban areas.
- eGo CarShare is a carshare service located in the greater Boulder/Denver area.
- ZipCar is a national carshare program. They have locations in most major U.S. Cities and around University campuses.
- CarSharing.net is a directory of other local carsharing companies across the U.S.
- E-Ride Share is a network to find car share riders in the U.S., for short or long trips.
- Ride Share connects car and vanpoolers in the U.S.. There are also tips on biking and public transit options.
- Alternate Rides provides information on all alternative transportation options including car sharing, vanpooling, biking, and public transit. They also provide commuter maps and CO2 savings calculator using alternative transportation.