When it comes to accessing the effectiveness of a water management strategies the Water ScoreCard – Tools for Businesses can be a useful tool for businesses.
The Water ScoreCard was initially created as a tool to help governments ensure better water quality, but many businesses are successfully using it to ensure their water management program is optimal. It is useful for any business that implements a water management program for sustainability and operates several different facilities. The scorecard is a hosted program into which data about water usage is compiled and a company score is assigned based on the given information. The Water ScoreCard can be used to:
• Create a snapshot of overall water usage across various facilities.
• Highlight facilities where water usage efficiency has been improved
• Easily locate facilities where improved efficiency in water management is needed.
• Compile data about water usage in cooling towers
• Quickly spread principles of water practices through staff
A guide to the Water ScoreCard was created in a joint venture between AT&T and the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) in order to help companies better understand how to create, understand, and manage the program. The Water ScoreCard system has served to not only lighten the ecological footprint of business, but has allowed several companies to enjoy cost savings from reduced water usage.
The toolkit also contains easy-to-understand visuals about the importance of water and best practices in water efficiency at facilities.
To learn more about water reduction strategies and tools like the Water ScoreCard, please contact us at eco-officiency.