It appears some U.S. states might be headed for drought conditions. It will be important for individuals to be more conscious of the water they use and conserve. If you have an automatic sprinkler system reset the timer to be shorter water cycles and on alternating days. Here is other outside water saving tips;
Watering only two days a week, and using a day of rain to skip watering.
- Only watering the areas of your yard that are dry. For example, if shady areas look fine, only water the dry areas that get the most sun exposure.
- Watering early in the morning or in the evening to avoid evaporation.
- Watering two-four minutes is all most lawns/ gardens really need per day.
- Don’t water your lawn between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Don’t let your hose run, add a nozzle to conserve water